A review of nurse prescribing is being undertaken by the programme to assess the current level of prescribing by Registered Nurse Prescribers (RNP) in specialist palliative care (SPC) services and to explore the potential and possible barriers that may exist to full participation in prescribing. A discussion document was developed containing information on legislation, the current national number of RNPs in SPC, possible facilitators and barriers to full implementation and a plan to progress the review to the next stage. This document is supported by a toolkit of resources to support nurse prescribers.
- Nurse prescribing discussion document.pdf (size 1.2 MB)
- Nurse and Midwifery Nurse Prescribing toolkit - Business Plan.pdf (size 161.2 KB)
- Nursing and Midwifery Nurse Prescribing toolkit - Drugs and Therapeutics committee.pdf (size 156.4 KB)
- Nurse and Midwifery Nurse Prescribing toolkit - Integrated role.pdf (size 163.6 KB)
- Nurse and Midwife Prescribing Toolkit Service Needs Analysis.pdf (size 159.8 KB)
- Nursing and Midwifery Prescribing toolkit Info and Background.pdf (size 2.8 MB)