PPI Within the Context of Palliative Care Research
Online workshop, held March 2022
What is PPI?
PPI is a term used in health and social care research. On the island of Ireland PPI refers to Personal and Public Involvement or Public and Patient Involvement in research.
AIIHPC developed and delivered this online workshop to support its Palliative Care Research Network and Early Career Researcher Forum members, and partner organisations to build capacity within PPI. The workshop aimed to support attendees to:
1. Prepare for PPI challenges and sensitivities which are unique to palliative care research
2. Widen PPI activities to facilitate meaningful involvement of PPI contributors
3. Develop PPI recruitment approaches and strategies that foster inclusivity and support diversity
You can watch speaker presentations from this event by clicking on the link below. However, please note group work activities and group discussion contents have been removed.
- Agenda and biographies: Link
- Playback speaker presentations: Link
- Presentation slides: Link
- Helpful resources for conducting PPI within palliative care research: Link