Older people with social care needs and multiple long-term conditions
Published in 2015, this guideline covers planning and delivering social care and support for older people who have multiple long-term conditions.
It promotes an integrated and person-centred approach to delivering effective health and social care services.
The Care Quality Commission uses NICE guidelines as evidence to inform the inspection process.
The guideline includes recommendations on:
- identifying and assessing social care needs
- care planning, including the role of the named care coordinator
- supporting carers
- integrating health and social care planning
- delivering care
- preventing social isolation
- training health and social care practitioners
Who is it for?
- Health and social care practitioners
- Providers of care and support in health and social care services
- Older people with social care needs and multiple long-term conditions (including both physical and mental health conditions), and their carers.
Commissioners should ensure any service specifications take into account the recommendations in this guideline.
Link to publication: Older people with social care needs and multiple long-term conditions